Wednesday, July 8, 2009

first letter from the MTC

Hey, I don't have a lot of time so I thought I would write everyone one long email this week. well the first 5 days have been good! At first it just felt like I was at an EFY focusing on missionary work but it is now starting to feel a little more normal and like I'm actually here to serve a mission! The spirit here is amazing! The first night when I met with my district and district president I just felt so right! I know this is where the Lord wants me to be! I couldn't imagine being anywhere but here! I have wondered why I waited for so long to come and serve the Lord but all I could think is that this is the time that was right I was part of Heavenly fathers plan for me! There are 3 missionaries in my Zone that leave next Wednesday to go to North Carolina! They will be serving in the mission where Richard lives. I have had the spirit testify to me that they could be the missionaries that can touch Kim and Rich's lives! Please pray that the Lord will lead them to Kim and Rich and that Kim and Rich's hearts can be softened and open to hear the message that they have for them! The forth of July was a lot of fun! They put on a little program about the history of religion and the things that had to take place in order for the restoration to take place! It was pretty cool! I learned that Jane Austin and the Author of Jane Eyre come with the founding father to the st George temple to have there work done! Cool huh! We then got to watch the Fireworks from stadium of fire! It was amazing to stand with hundreds of other missionaries and sign the star spangled banner! the spirit was amazing! I have learned so much and have had the chance to teach a couple of mini lessons! I have had the spirit testify to me so many times that I have no reason to Fear and that everything will be okay! I knew it before It is amazing to learn it again and again! I better go but I love you all! I will write you all letters today! Love Sister Beth Snoddy

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like she is doing very well! That makes me so happy! I know that she will be an amazing missionary! That's cool about their 4th of July activities!! Sounds fuN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so excited for you Beth! I know you will do well!

    ReplyDelete