Monday, September 14, 2009

Creating Memories

This week has been a good one! It started with a busy yet relaxing p-day! I got to take a 2 hour nap! It doesn't get any better than that! However, because of that no one got real letters so I'm sorry! On Tuesday we had Zone Conference! It was really good! Our zone Conferences consist of training with President King, Sister King and the Senior Couple in charge of cars and housing! President King talked about pride and also teaching the lessons more effectively! Sister King taught about staying healthy and told us to get a flu shot! SO I guess I will bite the bullet and get a flu shot! Then we had lunch and Zone Break outs! This is where the zone leaders give their training! It was on Charity and love! It was really good! They encouraged us to truly find love for those that we serve with so that our investigators can see that love! Oh and the best part of the Zone conference is my Comp and I won Cleanest car and also were one of the top in cleanest apartments! Miracles do happen! Wednesday and Thursday we started to paint our apartment in the morning then worked hard at night! But the best part of the week was Saturday when I got to meet Dale Murphy! He is a really large man! In fact I think it would be safe to say he is as big as Elder Oaks if not Bigger! Him and his wife gave a special fireside for just the missionaries first and then opened it up the rest of the public! In his fireside to us he just told us great stories of being a mission president and how much he respects us for what we do! He told us that when he was mission president he tried to live the life of a missionary for a week. He said that he went to a walking area planning on walking everywhere with them and eating only what they ate etc, He said he didn't even make it a day before he was driving them around and buying them food! and even then he didn't make it a whole week before he went home! During the fireside for the public he talked about the lessons he learned while playing baseball! He said one the biggest things he learned is that challenges are going to happen but you can't run from them you just have to face them head on! It was so cool! This will be in the top of my favorites for my mission, I'm sure! Also on Saturday at the fireside I was blessed to run into one of my friends(Rob Bell) from SUU! He just moved to the ATL to go to school! It was a great tender mercy to be able to see him and talk about home a little! Well it is our Zone Pday so I'm going to go play so Volleyball with the Elders.! I love you all! Thank you for your love and support! Love Sister Beth Snoddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment