Tuesday, September 29, 2009

All is well

... As for the rest of the Atlanta area, well that is a different story . There is some very big devastation in certain areas, most of which are not in my mission. Some have said that it is as bad if not worse then hurricane Katrina. I have not seen any of it! It is all just hear say from people in the ward. This is the one time I wish we could watch the news! I have no idea what is going on here! In fact I guess they closed some of the major roads around here on Monday night and cancelled school on Tuesday because of the high rivers that run through town! I had no idea any of this was happening until Tuesday at about 2 Tuesday! Because of the floods they called on the elders quorums and high priest groups in the stake to go to Pouder Springs Stake yesterday and help clean up! The Priesthood leaders that I talked to said it was really bad and very sad. But it also made Church very interesting! We had enough priesthood to bless and pass the sacrament(thanks to the Deacons) but that was about it. It was fast Sunday here so we had a lot of testimonies on Relief Society and how it has blessed their lives and the lives of there families. Then one lone man stood and said "Okay I can't take it anymore I have to stand and tell you all how Relief Society has blessed my life!" He then went on to share a very cool story how have Relief Society has impacted his life! well this has been a very long email but I love you all and what you to know that I KNOW the church is true! I KNOW CHRIST lives! I know that this is his work and that I'm just the mouth piece for the Lord! I know that Thomas S Monson is a true and living Prophet on the earth today! I can't wait to hear him speak! I love you Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment