Monday, August 31, 2009

Staying in Conyers!

Well the calls are in, I'm staying in Conyers for at least 6 more weeks! And I'm not training! Both of these things make me very happy! I love the Conyers Ward and the people in Conyers. I feel that I have a lot of work still to do here! One of the people I feel I need to help is a lady named Ruth. She is the wife of the 2nd counsler in the Bisphopric. She was raised very strict Catholic and has a hard time excepting a lot of the things we believe! Infact until the Sister Shaw and Sister Humphries came she wouldn't even let missionaries in the house and now she takes us to DQ and lets us teach a little on the way. Her husband told us yesterday that when we left their house the last time she said there is something about us girls and maybe she should listen a little more! I'm so excited about this! She could use all the prayers she can get! We are still working with Sherry Gotell! I think that she will be baptized on the 19th of Sept. Her biggest challenge will be getting work off on Sunday! I know that as she makes the commitment to be baptized that things will work out so she can be at church more! As for other things the weather here as been very rainy and humid! It was only 67 degrees it felt so nice! Church was very goodyesterday! We had two youth speakers. They both did a great job speaking on Missionary work and then We (the 4 missionaries and the 2 youth speakers) and the bishops family sang as sister of Zion and Armies of Heleman! and then Sister Humphries and I both spoke! It was a very powerful meeting! the spirit was very strong! Well I need to keep it short today because we have a lot to do today! I love you all! You are all in my prayers !Love Sister Beth Snoddy

No comments:

Post a Comment